Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Day Before Thanksgiving


First, I’d like to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  I’m looking forward to spending time with my extended family.  We are all meeting up at my aunt’s house for Turkey and the fixings.  Yummy!  My plan of attack for the meal would be to eat a few bites of all my favorites, but not go overboard.  That way I will get to taste it all, but not feel like I missed out on Thanksgiving foods.  I’ll eat one roll instead of three. Haha

I had pasta three days in a row this week and the number on the scale is showing it.  Saturday night we were at a friend’s and that is what they served and then I made some on Sunday night for the kids and I which turned into leftovers for me the next day.  I now realize that wasn’t such a good idea.  So if I’m still up by Sunday it wasn’t all from the turkey on Thursday.  Live and learn.

As far as exercise goes I did a run/walk on Tuesday morning.  I really didn’t want to do it, but I forced myself to.  Well it’s not really that I didn’t want to do it as much as I didn’t want to get up early in the cold and do it.  I was glad I did it afterwards.  My husband and I are going to start a new Thanksgiving tradition this year which is going for a run or walk the morning of Thanksgiving.  This means that I will be doing another run/walk tomorrow morning and I’m actually excited about that.
I read a little more in my CDCC book, but I’m still behind.  No worries though, most of it seems to be stuff I already know, but it reinforces it in my brain.

I hope all of you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving and remember to be thankful for the things you have, your health, and the people around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment