Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week Update


I got up this morning and did my second run of the week.  The first one was on Tuesday and involved warm up/cool down, 10 minute fast walk and (8) 1 minute intervals with 1 minute of walking in between.  This one minute intervals were at a faster pace than my jog.  I guess I would consider them sprints.  I wanted to work on running faster and thought that this might help.  Today I wanted to work on jogging for a longer amount of time so I started out with a 5 minute warm up walk, then a 10 minute fast walk and then I ran up the block and back which turned out to be a 13 minute jog.  I walked for 2 minutes to regain my breath and then did another 5-1/2 minute jog before a 5 minute cool down.  As I was jogging today I realized that maybe I should just work on jogging for longer amounts of time and not worry so much about my speed.  I think the speed aspect can be worked on when I lose a lot of my excess weight.  I have to believe that it will be easier to run when I weigh less.  So I’m not giving up on the sprints, but I am going to try and focus more on endurance.  I know you must all miss my lovely face(hehe) so I took this after my jog this morning.

I look a little pained here, I was just trying to take my own picture.


I commented on quite a few CDCC challenge blogs this week and can see some are struggling.  I know the appeal of the challenge isn’t there like it was in the beginning, but just remember why you wanted to do the challenge in the first place.  Remember that outfit you wanted to fit into or look better in.  Thanksgiving is next week and I know that is a really hard time with all the food around, but don’t feel like you need to deprive yourself.  Instead eat smaller portions of those yummy Thanksgiving foods.  Exercise in the morning or evening to help combat the extra calories.  This healthier lifestyle has really made me want to get up on Thanksgiving morning and workout before I go to my family’s house and eat.  

The Shrinkvivor challenge ended yesterday.  Today will be the crowning of the Ultimate Shrinkvivor and Exiled Shrinkvivor.  I lost 9.8 pounds during the 7-week challenge and I feel pretty good about that.  There was room for improvement, but I didn’t give up and I’m not giving up on the CDCC challenge either.    I want to be thinner next year when I go on vacation to a tropical local and want to be able to wear shorts.  Keep working towards your goals ladies!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so great Denise. Keep up the great work. I am so proud of you.
    I'm changing my plan a bit but still working on becoming the best me possible.
    Take care and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am loving your blog! you are so inspiring and positive. great job on your run! you will definitely improve with your determination and self-motivation. i started running to lose weight about this time last year. i took a similar approach to you in that i focused on endurance and building my ability to run further...eventually i was losing weight as well and my speed naturally picked up! you are doing great! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete