Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Journey starts with the first step!

I've been spending a lot of time lately looking at other peoples blogs.  I am really looking for the blogs that showcase people who are on a journey to lose weight and become healthier.  I came across the blog called Ben Does Life and found inspiration!  Ben started on his weight loss journey as a promise to his grandmother to lose weight and become healthier.  He started working out and took up running. He has lost 120 pounds the hard way.  No surgery for him.  Just plain hard work and making better eating choices.  He has recently completed an Ironman.  I can't even imagine what that must feel like. Ben has even begun the Do Life campaign.  He is currently on tour doing 5k's.  31 of them in 40 days.  That is pure crazy is you ask me, but it is such a great concept.  He is getting people out there getting active.  It's not even about the running, it's about being together, walking, running, biking, rollerblading, etc. There is usually a healthy meal together afterward.  He will be in the Los Angeles area on July 23 and it is my goal to be there and experience it myself. I may walk most of the 5k but at least I'll be out there with other like minded people on a journey to be healthy!  If you want to check out the 5k cities the web address is http://bendoeslife.tumblr.com/post/6057365146/official-do-life-tour-details.

I was going to call my blog Denise's Journey, but that was already taken.  Since it was Ben's post that really got me motivated I decided to follow suite and name my own blog Denise Does Life.  It may not be original, but I like the idea behind the name.  I want to participate in life and not just watch it pass me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment