Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Making better choices

Yesterday morning I got up before work and did a 25 minute walk/run/, but my knee started hurting.  I guess all my excess weight pounding down on my poor legs is taking its toll.  So I guess that means that I need to cool it a bit and try some other form of exercise tomorrow morning.  I don’t want to just “rest” and not do anything because that only leads to not doing any exercise and then making poor food choices throughout the day.  You see today there were these yummy looking scones in the office break room and I really, really wanted one of them.  BUT, I resisted the urge.  I turned back around and went back to my desk and had some grapes instead.  This is small step in the right direction when it comes to eating.  I need to keep resisting the urge to eat those sugar, calorie laden foods that only make me feel bad after I eat them.  It may taste really good, but it’s just not worth it. The old “me” would have eaten it without hesitation, but the new “me” is taking a minute to think about how it will make me feel after I eat it.  As for exercise, maybe I’ll ride my bike tomorrow instead of my walk/run.

No comments:

Post a Comment