Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Years Challenge Goals

The Shrinking Jeans gals have put up a challenge to create some goals for this 8 week challenge. So here goes.

1. Exercise at least 2 days a week with the weight machine or an exercise video.
2. Walk on break (at work) at least 3 days a week.
3. Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day.
4. Lose 10 pounds. 15 would be ideal for 8 weeks.
5. Keep a log of my food eating as few processed foods as possible.


I think those are pretty decent goals for the challenge.  I have really been having a hard time drinking enough water.  I sometimes only get in 2-3 glasses, which I know is awful, but that is why it's on the list.  Exercise has also been pretty non existent.  I have much work to do if I want to get back to losing weight instead of just maintaining.  From here on out, it's all uncharted territory.  I can't remember the last time I was even under 200 pounds. High school? Middle School?  I don't remember!  The fact that I have maintained around the 195 mark for this many months is pretty great.  I think that may be why I haven't lost any more weight.  It's kind of scary...can I do this. Can I get lower and how much lower is my ideal weight?   Will I be able to tighten up the skin so isn't such a nuisance?  It's scary and exciting at the same time.  I look forward to seeing what I can accomplish in the next 8 weeks and beyond. 

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you've made it to a weight you don't remember being at! I have the same fear too... "is this all my body can do?" But I'm often amazed at how the body changes when I'm patient and consistent.

    These are some good goals - You can achieve them! You will achieve them! Good luck with the challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete