Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Where is my workout motivation?


I have been horrible about updating the blog.  I guess I just feel like there hasn’t been much to report.  My running is not what it used to be.  I have slacked off.  I think it’s because it’s so cold out in the morning and I don’t want to leave my warm bed.  Or perhaps, maybe it’s because the 5k I was training for is over and I have completed Brad Gansbergs 5k in 100 days program.  I can tell you that I can’t run for as long as I could at the end of his program.  The lack of running has taken its toll.  I think I got up to 5 minutes on my last run (which happen to be on Sunday).  I think I might need to set a new goal to strive for.  Something to make me get back out there.  The only problem I have is finding a good 5k that is on a Sunday.  I can’t do the Saturday ones unless I find someone to watch my kids.  The husband works on Saturday mornings.  We shall see.

I was going to run this morning, but my daughter was up last night with a fever.  She had one during the day and took some fever reducer medicine and then was better.  I gave her some more medicine about 7pm and she fell asleep about 7:30pm, but once she was in bed she kept waking up moaning.  She wasn’t fully awake, but she would go through sleep, moan cycles until about 11pm (when I was able to give her more medicine) when my husband got home from work and went and slept in her room with her.  He took her to the doctor this morning and got some antibiotics for a possible ear infection.  She is only 19 months so she isn’t able to tell us what’s wrong.  I hate when they are so young and you don’t know how to help them.    To top my night off my son woke up crying and wouldn’t tell me why.  I kept asking him to tell me where it hurt and he finally said his head.  He is 3 ½ so he is old enough to tell me where it hurts.  The whole time he was crying I just kept hoping he wouldn’t wake my daughter.  So frustrating!  Needless to say, I didn’t have the best night last night.  I hope tonight is better.

I do plan to get up tomorrow morning and run.  I need to work in some weight training though.   I have a set of 10lb weights, now I just need to use them.  I need to fit it in with the kids, which is hard.  They like to join in and really they just get in the way or want me to pick them up. It’s so hard to get in a work out with them under my feet.   Getting up early isn’t the best option either since my son seems to be a morning person no matter what time he goes to bed.  His internal clock seems to be set at 5:30am.  Oh, the joys of motherhood.  I’m jealous of the hours my husband has to himself on Monday and Friday.  

I guess this post has just been me complaining, but it’s a little therapeutic to get it out there and be a reminder to myself about this time of my life.  I need to find my workout motivation again.  I want to be at least 20 pounds lighter before my trip to Thailand next year (probably happening end of February/beginning of March).  I have about 2 1/2months to accomplish this.  I CAN DO THIS!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Baby...the time of our lives when our babies are babies...there's nothing else like it for the incredible joy, or for the bone deep never ending fatigue. Mr. Pea and I had four children in six years - it was so overwhelming when they were all little, a never ending cycle of food, laundry, doctor appointments, and surviving on an average of 4-5 hours of sleep a night for a span of about nine years.

    I can honestly tell you that it does get easier as they get older and more self sufficient. I can also honestly tell you to enjoy every second of their childhood (despite the stress and fatigue) because it goes by so fast. Before you know it, they'll be driving and then going off to college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate I feel like I can just join thru the motions but its better than nothing....

    ReplyDelete