Friday, December 30, 2011

Spring Chick Challenge (SCC) Introduction Post




I was asked to write an introduction blog for the Spring Chick Challenge (SCC) so here goes.



Name: Denise
Twitter: denisedoeslife – I never really tweet though.  I just lurk to see what others have to say.
Age: 34
Location: Southern California (San Bernardino County)


My Challenge Goals:


Non Scale Victory 
1.       Improve my 5k time.  Current 5k time is 42:11.
2.       Fit into my size 16 jeans comfortably. Currently wear size 18.

Nutrition:
1.       Cut out diet soda.
2.       Drink at least 64oz of water a day.
3.       Reduce the amount of processed foods.
4.       Eat more veggies
 
Exercise:
1.       Run/walk 2-3 times per week.
2.       Strength train 2 times per week with weights or an exercise video.
 
These are the goals as they stand now.  They might change or refine, but it’s a starting point.  I’m looking forward to losing some more weight and getting into “ONEderland”.  I will be back with an initial post including my weight in a couple of days.

7 comments:

  1. Good goals. Very balanced plan. Glad to have you in the challenge. I hope y=to meet you in Onederland in 2012...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your goal about reducing processed foods - that's something I've been aiming to do for the last year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your goals Denise! They are reachable :) I also hope to find myself in Onederland, and I think this challenge will help us get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals!
    My non-scale victory includes improving my 5k as well and our times are very close, hopefully we can lean on each other for that one :) Best wishes in your journey, can't wait to read more xx

    - Desperate Student

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your goals are realistic and I like the one for improving your 5K time. The walking/running is what is going to help us the most, I think. Well, that and the no processed foods part. Sodium, yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to doing the challenge with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about processed foods! It's hard to find healthy options that aren't very processed. Love your goals!

    ReplyDelete