Friday, October 7, 2011

Sore Thighs

I tried Yoga for the first time Wednesday night.  I was at home using a TV show my husband taped. It was interesting.  Definitely moves I have never attempted before.  My quads were a little sore yesterday, but I decided to go ahead and do my 5k in 100 day workout 13.1 since I hadn’t run at all this week.  Well that might have been a huge mistake.  I could feel them tensing up during my run.  I was supposed to do (4) 9 minute intervals, but instead I squeaked out (1) 9 minute, (1) 8 minute and (1) 3 ½ minute before my legs gave up on me.  Even walking the rest of the way back home I could feel the soreness setting in.  My quads are SORE today.  I’m glad I got in the workout though.  The total exercise time was 40 minutes. I also got in a 10 minute work walk during my break.
I have about 15 days until the Run the Hood Virtual 5k so I want to be sure I’m keeping up with my run/walks.  I’m still not ready to complete it in my desired 45 minute time frame.  There are mini hills in my route so they zap my energy and momentum.  My jog pace is already super slow so add a mini hill in and I can walk just as fast up the hill without all the heavy breathing.  I see runners on the street and they look so graceful with big strides and I admire them.  I want to be able to run like that.  Maybe after I lose a good 50-60 pounds it will be easier.
I don’t have any big plans this weekend. I really need to work on a menu for next week.  I feel like we are eating the same thing all the time because it’s convenient, but there are so many great recipes just waiting to be tried.  Then tomorrow night we are having dinner at my parents’ house.  My mom is having grand kid withdrawals.  Hehe
I’ll be back on Sunday for my CDCC weigh in.  Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment