Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Good Workout

My alarm went off at 5am this morning.  It’s STILL dark at 5am.  I knew I needed to get up to go do my walk/run, but I really just wanted to sleep for another hour.  Well, I’m proud to say I got out of bed at 5:05am and dressed for my workout.  This was workout 7.1 of the 5k in 100 days program.  I’m running for a full 3 minutes at a time now.  My next workout I’m supposed to run for 4 full minutes. UGH.  I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to jump up a whole minute.  We shall see.  I did manage to go 4 miles in just over an hour.  Here is today’s post workout picture.
My eating has been good that last few days.  I made some Lighter Eggplant Parmesan  from Skinny Taste the other day and it was yummy.   It has provided me leftovers to take to work as well.  The kids even liked it.  At first my son didn’t want to eat it, but he was told he had to eat it to get anything else so he forced some down.  Well he did like it, even though he didn’t want to admit it.  What’s not to love with all that cheese in there.  I must admit I didn’t use the fat free ricotta because I was at target and they didn’t have any there.  Mine ultimately had more calories, but oh well. It did have Eggplant in it, which I’ve never really eaten before.  I’ve been eating more fruit, but I do need to work on getting some more veggies into my diet.  The kids are being picky lately and it’s making it hard to feed them.  That’s about all I have for today.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment