Friday, August 5, 2011

Inspiration and other things

I was reading through Ben’s blog from 2 years ago and came across a great post.  Here is what it said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is starting.

And it’s not just about weight loss. I’m talking any form of getting your life together. All aspects.
But here’s what worked for me.

Think about four months ago. Think about where you were. What were you doing? Now think about how cool it would be if the four-months-ago version of yourself decided to start at that moment. Think about where you would be now. Four months of diet and exercise. Four months without a cigarette. Four months of doing life. A lot can improve in four months.

Think about how fast the past four months have flown by. These next four are going to go just as fast. Why not start right now?

This post really spoke to me.  I have been slacking so much in the food department.  I have been allowing myself to eat more than I should.  I’m not gaining weight, but I’m not actively taking control of my food intake.  Where would I be weight wise if I had really set my mind to it over a month ago when I started this blog.  I’m down about 4 pounds in that month.  That’s really sad!  I believe the only real reason I’m down anything is because I took up the 5k in 100 days program and am actually exercising 3 days a week.  Again, if I had added some more exercise in to my week that would help me lose even more weight.  Where do I want to be in 4 months from now??  I would love to be in or near onederland!!  If this is going to become a reality then I need to GET STARTED!
I do have to say that I have gained some stamina from the 5k in 100 days program.  This program is keeping me accountable to workout 3 days a week and before I started it I wasn’t really getting any exercise besides a short 10 minute walk at work on my break.  I did workout 3 of week 4 today and I had to push myself to complete all my intervals.  Today I ran for 2 minutes at a time.  Two minutes sure is a long time when you are a beginner runner.   I’m glad the program has progressed slowly and allowed my body to gain aerobic capacity.  I’m excited to keep progressing.
Tomorrow I head to San Diego for my Anniversary weekend which we put off a week due to a wedding we are going to attend on Sunday night.  We are going to go on a Segway tour of the gaslamp district and a boat cruise of the harbor.  I’m really excited for the Segway tour. I’ve always wanted to try one out.  I’ll be sure to report on it next week.  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise,
    I saw your entry on Jack Sh*t and COMPLETELY identified so I had to find your blog!
    This post means a lot to me. I've been stuck in a cycle of "start to make healthy changes on Monday....but by Wednesday I've fallen off the wagon" for far, far, far too long. I beat myself up because I cannot seem to make this commitment stick.
    I'm sick of it. Sick of how bloated and crappy I feel about myself. Sick of being an example of awful inconsistency to my kids.
    Tomorrow is a new day and I am going to fight to continue forward and stop letting myself down. I cannot expect perfection. I just need to NOT GIVE UP!

    Anyway, I hope that your Anniversary weekend is wonderful! Can't wait to hear about it.
    So happy that I found your blog and look forward to following it!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete