Monday, August 1, 2011

Friend Making Monday and W4.1

I went out for my first workout of week 4 and did about 2.8 miles today.  It was much easier without the kids.  I didn’t look at the clock on my intervals today.  I just let the buzzer tell me when it was time to run or walk.  I did have to talk myself through it a couple of times.  I kept telling myself “this is good for you, you want to be 40 pounds lighter by January, it’s not much longer”  My legs were tired by the time I was done with the 25 minute fast walk.  I think my endurance is increasing, but my legs aren’t keeping up.  I mean…I feel like I can run the time, but my legs feel really heavy and don’t want to keep going.  I did it though and felt good afterwards.  I worked up a good sweat too and here’s proof.  (The shinyness is all sweat glistening in the morning sun) :-)


 
Now on to Friend Making Monday

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

1. Do you like to shop? I wouldn’t say that I’m a big shopper, but I do occasionally spend too much time perusing the isles of Target or Walmart.  I can go to a mall and not even look at three quarters of the stores because they just don’t interest me.  I think part of that has to do with a lot of clothing stores in malls with clothes I don’t fit in to.

2. How often do you wear makeup? Rarely.  I used to wear makeup when I was trying to impress my now husband, but he likes me just the way I am so I don’t usually bother.  If I am going somewhere special then I’ll through some on.  I’m going to a wedding this weekend and I’ll probably doll myself up for that. 

3. How do you feel about nail polish? I like it, but I don’t usually wear any.  This is due in part to the longevity of nail polish.  It just doesn’t last very long before it’s chipped and looking funky.

4. Do you consider yourself to be a feminist? I don’t think feminist is the right word for me. I like the chivalry of men and of them being the head of household and such, but I know that I can do things myself too.

5. What’s your biggest challenge as a woman? Probably TMI here, but having to deal with periods and shaving. Haha  Men just don’t understand what we have to deal with. 

6. Do you wear skirts and dresses? Not often.  I don’t really like the way my legs rub together in them.

7. How do you feel about high heels?  I don’t really like them that much.  They are torture devices for the balls of your feet. haha

8. Do you subscribe to magazines? If so, which ones? Not currently.  I was getting parenting and first years, but that was only because I got free issues when I was pregnant.

9. Do you shave your legs/wax/ use depilatory creams or go au naturale?  I shave and go au naturale when I’m being lazy.  (which is often)  I don’t show my legs much so shaving isn’t as necessary when they don’t get seen by the world.

10. What do you like most about being a woman? Hmmm…..Being able to cry at sad things and not be looked at as weak.

Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And don’t forget to link up at alltheweigh.com!

3 comments:

  1. I agree about chivalry in men! I love it when a man holds the door for me or offers his seat, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, ditto on number 10! I didn't think about that one. I even cry at sappy commercials, Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn from losingmyscrap.blogspot came by and left me a nice comment, but I accidentally deleted it. Luckily it was in my email so I just copied and posted here. This is what she said:
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I love your answers to #4 and 5.

    And great work today. I always talk to my legs and make promises to them so they'll move more. haha...any way to get through a workout.

    ReplyDelete