Thursday, September 8, 2011

Workout 9.2 and a Challenge

I did my Fartlek workout today.  I couldn’t remember what the time frame was for this workout since I watched the video a couple of days ago, but I started out with a 20 minute fast walk.  Then:
a 5 minute my regular pace run (I wanted to set myself up for workout 3 of this week)
walked
2 minute faster pace run
walked
1 minute 30 seconds run with a small portion of that running as fast as I could (I felt like I was going to keel over after the fast running)
walked
4 minute regular pace run
walked some more.   I took a shorter route today and that is what fit into getting me back home.  There were a lot of people out and about this morning so I felt a little insecure doing weird Fartlek stuff. Haha

I will be starting a challenge on Sunday called Christmas Dress Countdown Challenge 2011.  It will run from Sept. 11- Dec. 18th.  You can check it out here. I’m looking forward to setting my “weight wagon” off down the hill.

2 comments:

  1. I'm super excited about this challenge too! Good job on your Fartlek run...that's about where I had to start over 5k in 100 days. Stupid cross-country move. I'm all the way back at week 2 run 2. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to be doing the Christmas Dress Countdown Challenge with you and look forward to following your blog! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete