Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Catch up and 5K

It’s been a few days since my last “real” post and I’ve been doing pretty well with my food and exercise.  We went to the Orange County fair on Saturday and I didn’t even eat the Fair food.  I know that there are a lot of people who go to fairs just to partake in all the different fair food or specialty items like turkey legs and fried Oreo’s, but I proudly refrained.  They even had fried Kool Aid and fried Klondike bars.  But they were $6.75 each.  There was no way I needed to spend that much on junk I shouldn’t be eating in the first place.  We even stopped for dinner on the way home and ordered a salad and fruit & yogurt parfait.  The only real exercise I got all weekend was walking around the fair.
Monday night I did 5K in 100 days W1.3.  I was tired at the end.  I have done my other workouts in the morning before work and this one was after work.  I think I’m definitely a morning exerciser.  Not only had a just worked all day, it was warm out and the sun was in my face.  I did sleep well that night so that’s a plus.
Tuesday night I did 30 minutes of Zumba.  I had won a Zumba dvd giveaway from Shrinking Sisters and this was my first time using it. It is a 45 minute dvd, but I only did part of it.  I’m not really coordinated enough for Zumba, but I did my best to stay moving doing my own version of the moves.  I’m sure if you have ever done or seen Zumba you know what I’m talking about.  It definitely takes rhythm.
This morning when the alarm went off at 5:15am to exercise I really wanted to stay in bed and seep for another 45 minutes, BUT I got up and did my 5k in 100 W2.1.  I was tired during the 5 minute cool down but so glad I didn’t skip the workout.  I have to stay on track this week with my workouts.  My plan is to do W2.2 tomorrow night and then go to the Do Life meet up on Saturday for W2.3.  I’m super excited to go to the Do Life meet up. If you haven’t heard about it yet, you should go check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment