Thursday, July 14, 2011

HOGGS

Yesterday wasn’t a very good eating day.  I ate too much for lunch and then again at dinner.  I put it into My Fitness Pal and I had about 2000 calories.  This was also just my estimation based on the things I found that somewhat matched what I ate.  Who knows, my estimation of calories could be way off.  Why would I want to pick the highest caloric intake of a food item when I can lean on the lower side of the calorie scale???  It’s a slippery slope counting calories.  I haven’t been keeping track of my calorie intake until today.  I don’t think I want to see the numbers in all their glory.  I would rather keep my blinders on and believe that the ¼ rack of BBQ Ribs and ¼ BBQ chicken with corn, beans and dinner roll don’t really have that many calories.  But alas they do!!  I’m sure if I a made it a habit to track my calories I would realize that the only way I’m going to be truly successful in losing weight is to eat fewer calories….which means not allowing others to talk me into going to a place called Hoggs. Yes, that is where I obtained the yummy ribs, chicken and so forth.  *Insert big SIGH* I should have insisted we go somewhere with healthier alternatives.  We did walk the mall after dinner which made me feel a little better about eating it.  I can’t change it now, so let’s move on.
I did day 2 of the 5K in 100 days today.  It wasn’t bad at all.  I went about 2.3 miles in the 40 minutes of workout time today. The ball of my foot was a little sore afterwards, but I think my foot just needs to build up a little callus.  It needs to get used to all this exercise.  I plan to do day 3 on Sunday.  I’m actually looking forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment